Writing can be hard. Creating fabulous characters while writing can be even harder. I’m here to help.
I’m a director and trained actor with over twenty years experience in theater and film; I’ve learned about character from the inside out. This means I have learned what makes a character a walking, talking, interesting living being. As a writer, I’ve applied these skills to my own work, whether I’m writing a novel, a short story or a new play. I’m now sharing this knowledge with you. As an educator, I’ve taught ESL (English as a Second Language) courses and journalism; I love teaching, especially in intimate settings where there is hands-on interaction and the exchange of knowledge, ideas and creativity. This is why I’ve created a course that helps writers create better characters in their writing!
Pen & Peppur: CREATING CHARACTER – WRITER WORKSHOP
By taking an approach that comes from my acting training, we will work to create fabulous, three-dimensional, interesting characters.
Who is this workshop for?
New and mid-level writers who feel stuck when it comes to writing interesting characters.
- Do you have a great story for a book, screenplay or play you want to write, but you’re not sure how to build your characters?
- Do you feel stuck with a character in your story and you’re just not sure what to do with them anymore?
- Have you’ve gotten some feedback that your characters don’t sound like real people and you want to fix that?
- Are you just getting started as a writer and want to add some writing tools to your tool belt?
What does the workshop include?
Discussion, observation, writing exercises, take-home tips
What will you learn?
- You’ll learn how to create characters that sound and look like real people.
- You’ll learn how to create characters that help you tell your story, rather than hinder.
- You’ll be provided with tactics and tools to help you do this successfully!
When is the next workshop?
Choose one session!
Tuesday, June 15th 2:00 -3:00 PM PST
Wednesday, June 16th 6:30 – 7:30 PM PST
Saturday, June 19th 10:00 – 11:00 AM PST
How much does the Creating Character Workshop cost?
Your time and commitment! “Free”
Creating character is now virtual. Prior to the pandemic, I presented this workshop to the Women of Color Filmmakers in Los Angeles. We had a great time and I look forward to helping you become a stronger, more confident writer. If you are a group or an individual interested in booking this workshop, please contact me here with your request.